Friday, January 21, 2011

HAT

It was my greatest pleasure and privilege to have dinner out with the leadership team of our Freedom Seekers ministry last evening. They were hosting three graduates of the ministry whose lives have been dramatically and eternally changed by God. We sat around a nice meal and listened to the stories of life change, rescue, chains fallen off, deliverance and journeys that have not yet ended, like the rest of us.

These are the kinds of evenings that make you want to get up the following day and CHARGE! for the Kingdom.

Many congratulations to the three grads as well as prayers for the coming classes who are working thru some major life stuff, as well as to the leaders who love these folks deeply.

My hat is off ...

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the people at Freedom Seekers...I am assuming that is the group you are referring to. Maybe someday, I will be a part of the graduates. If God delivered me, it would be so easy. It is not as easy on my own journey, though. :) Things could be so much worse, but I am definitely "emotionally addicted". I escape with wine. I know it's not PC to say that in religious circles, but this IS life for some of us. No matter what it is for you. If there is anything in your life that seems to come before your relationship with God, then it is an issue. I would be so happy with "the path of least resistance"...if God delivered me. So easy. Until then, I have to take it one day at a time.

Lisa Kurman said...

Hey Anonymous-

Sometimes God's delivery system IS one day at a time... in fact sometimes it gets broken down into seconds of time. It is the realization of our powerlessness over our coping mechanisms (ie life-controlling behaviors) and the good news is that we don't have to wait around for that, it is a choice.

I invite you to love us from up close rather than from afar. It is the fellowship of others making the same choice that carries us sometimes.

PLisa

Anonymous said...

Lol...Hey Lisa! Well, I have loved you guys up close several times. I love the folks there, just hard to stick with it indefinitely. One really positive thing is my work situation is going to be FAR less stressful for me now. I am hopeful that it will help me to feel more relaxed and less likely to look for that crutch. I'll be back to FS. That's for sure. Whether or not I can be perfect...that I don't know. I just know that if I get there it will be with FS and God. Nothing else. Hugs! KC