Tuesday, January 25, 2011

GRAPE


Occasionally, like today, I get asked to come to someone's house who can't ever get out and serve them communion. It's an honor to be part of that.

On the other hand, moments like that bring out weird thoughts for me. For one ---- grape juice. We non-alcohol-sipping-believers have a pretty strong relationship with grape juice. I love it actually. It's delicious and refreshing and stain-worthy. It's infinitely more tasty than its kissing cousin, prune juice - a drink I've tried more than once and couldn't choke down.

Grape juice is strongly connected to remembering the death of our Lord Jesus. That's a huge responsibility, don't you think? Have you ever really thought about that? I mean - how must the other fruits feel? Acai fruit is hot right now, but it's not connected with Jesus in any way. I'm totally wasted with grape juice and can't do much with it now besides enjoy communion. It just seems wrong to do anything else with it. For instance, I could never cool off with a tall glass of grape juice after mowing the lawn.

Just almost seems sacreligious. Oh well.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK...please don't take this the wrong way. I most certainly do not mean it that way. It's just talking about grape juice as opposed to the Catholic wine, seems so pure and sweet. I don't envy your hectic schedule, but the purity and innocence I do.

Priests in the Catholic church drink alcohol. They even have served it at picnics and other functions. I fact, I have been to church functions that included gambling at various booths. And I'm not just talking about Bingo.

At any rate...it is two very different ways of conducting oneself...and I do wish I were more pure in that way. Your lack of curiousity amazes me. You're a good guy.

PK's BLOG said...

My LACK of curiosity? Nobody is more curious than I. You should read a few of my postings and you'll discover that right I'm nothing BUT curious about everything. But thanks for the compliment about being a good guy. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Lol...well, the things you seem curious about are more intellectual than carnal. You are to be emulated, in that way.

And, yes, you truly are a good guy. I don't respect just anyone the way I do you. :)