Thursday, January 20, 2011

DEVIL

If I was the devil, here are some things I would do ...

I would convince church leaders to dream small.

I would get the church to focus on politics, convincing them that they are doomed unless a certain political party holds office.

I would make sure those who believe in reformed theology and those who don't hated each other.

I would convince church leaders to tell their people that boycotting 'secular' organizations is the most practical and effective way to reach the world.

I would make believers feel prideful in their 'Bible translation of choice.'

I would convince them that man made God rather than the other way around.

What would you do if you were the devil?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two things that come to mind for me are One, I would convince people that the things of the world would be just as or more fulfilling as a relationship with God. Even though, time and time again, it has proven to be empty and/or destructive.

The other is that I would influence believers to be judgmental of non-believers and to feel as if they are better than them. To keep themselves segregated from non-believers, so that there is little chance of others coming to faith. Little chance and being salt and light for the world.