Monday, January 17, 2011

ASKING

I've been asking God for more clear vision lately. I've been doing that by trying to spend more time with Him, just listening. Taking some notes.

I've been asking that with the understanding that vision doesn't come thru a committee meeting. Good ideas come that way. Great discussion happens there ... but not God-vision.

I've been asking God because vision doesn't come thru a conference. I love a good conference, and awesome inspiration comes from them, but not God-vision.

I've been asking God because vision doesn't come thru reading books. I adore a good book. A ton of wisdom comes from books. I'm consistently challenged and stretched by reading ... but I'm not finding God-vision in the pages anywhere.

I'm asking because vision doesn't seem to come from what you did last time.

White-hot, hell-charging, world-changing, people-inspiring vision comes from spending intentional time with God -- in His Word -- seeking Him -- being in connection with the Holy Spirit throughout the day.

So I'm asking God for vision - hoping to meet with Him and get it from Him. I don't plan on moving until He tells me to - but when He does tell me, I'm going until He tells me to stop.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it PK. I'm with ya on this quest! You are dearly loved by the Fink's

Anonymous said...

P. Kevin, this post made me smile. You see, being an intercessor, I probably spend more time in prayer than some, but in recent weeks I have felt the Lord telling me that He was taking me back into a deeper season of prayer than I have been in for the last two years. He reminded me of Anna in the temple, and how dear her devotion to the Lord was.

For me, the intensified prayer is partly about needing to get some large breakthrough answers, but I'm finding that partly He just wants me to focus on Him anew.

I wonder if it is a season when He is concentratedly calling His entire Church to more time with Him, not just a few of us.