Thursday, December 30, 2010

TOP TEN 2010 (5)

The #2 favorite blog post #2 of 2010 by my readers, based on the number of visits that day, was also one of my personal favorites. It was originally posted on October 1st and titled, 'MESS.' Essentially it was a post describing the messiness of the Christian life, of which I am a prime example. I admitted that I sometimes dream I’m following Jesus, wishing He would notice me, wanting Him to personally choose me, then all of a sudden He turns around and looks me in the eye and says, 'Follow Me.' With a heart that skips several beats, realizing my life is about to change forever, I run His direction when all of a sudden He says, 'No, not YOU - the guy behind you.' It's then I realize spirituality is kind of messy - it isn’t perfection with a nice bow on top. It’s about accepting the reality of your own flawed-ness and understanding God is present in your mess.


The #1 read and commented-on blog posting of the year - whether you like it or not - was the posting on February 22nd originally titled 'HAGGARD.' It detailed our in-person meeting at KFA with Ted Haggard and a few others in the room where he shared about the accusations against him a few years ago regarding morality. The true spirit of the blog was about God’s grace and my desire that KFA be a place that manifests it. I think people would rather talk about ‘the Haggard situation’ than about God’s grace but my prayer is that we would be a church that faithfully reflects it.


NOTE: The #3 - #10 favorite blog postings can be reviewed by visiting the past four days’ entries.


And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like revisiting these blog posts and responses! So many great thoughts about the subject at hand. Heavens, it took a while to find the HAGGARD post, but it was worth it. Thanks for recapping the year for us!

I, too, like the MESS blog. I cringe a tiny bit at how open I am sometimes...BUT our journey truly can be messy. I don't regret opening up, if it helps someone else to know they are not alone. Maybe our issues are not the same, but we all have something to deal with.

I am excited to see what this New Year brings...in my life and for your blog! Happy New Year to all of your readers... :)

PK's BLOG said...

THANKS SO MUCH.
For your future reference, if you know the date of a blog you want to revisit, you can go down on the right side of the main page and you'll see the postings listed by MONTHS. Thanks again.