Tuesday, December 28, 2010

TOP TEN 2010 (3)

The #6 Favorite Blog Posting of 2010 was 'GRACE' - originally posted on October 6th ... I highlighted one of KFA's 8 core values in this blog -- that of being a grace-filled church. Grace is one of the things church people get edgy about. Never mind that each of us have received oodles and gobs of it. For some reason we strive to make it more 'responsible' after we've been the recipients. But not at KFA. We are doggedly determined to become a church where grace reigns.

#5 - 'ELEPHANT' - originally posted on October 20th ...
In a word, it was all about holiness. Often 'holiness' is the elephant in the room. I went back in my memory to list a bunch of rules I grew up with in church -- from 'no dancing' to 'no playing cards' to 'no mixed swimming' - and from there, blogged that our theology should be aligned more around 'mission' even than 'holiness.' That, of course, always elicits great response.

Note: Check out the past two days' pages for 2010's Favorite Posts #7, 8, 9 & 10.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol...leave it to you to include one of our disagreements on your blog...lol. Oh well...I actaully do love honest conversations....good or bad. It can be very enlightening.

So how WAS the Creation Museum?

PK's BLOG said...

well...just clarifying ... I did not include this post because it was one of 'our disagreements' but because it was among the most widely read posts of the year.

Anonymous said...

Lol....I know, just joking! :) It's all good. Besides, many times you give me something to think about from a different perspective and something to contemplate. I like discussing things with you.