Friday, July 30, 2010

QUOTES

I love reading other people's 'stuff.' In some of my readings, here are some offbeat and meaningful quotes that I have enjoyed. Hope you enjoy too ...

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. -Derek Bok

You can't comfort the afflicted without afflicting the comfortable. -Princess Diana of Wales

It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. -Marlene Dietrich

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. -H. Jackson Browne

Right or wrong, it's very pleasant to break something from time to time. -Fedor Dosteovsky

Women like silent men. They think they're listening. -Marcel Archard

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. -Dale Carnegie

I haven't failed. I've found 10,000 ways that won't work. -Benjamin Franklin

You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. - H. R. Haldeman

It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up again. -Vince Lombardi

Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire

Don't be so humble - you are not that great. -Golda Meir

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

There is no worse bitterness than to reach the end of your life and realize you have not lived. -M. Scott Peck

You are the only person on earth who can use your ability. -Zig Ziglar

Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to. -Mark Twain

Beware the barrenness of a busy life. -Socrates

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything. -Theodore Roosevelt

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared. -Eddie Rickenbacher


And be blessed. -Kevin Taylor

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are the ones I have on my FB. Love quotes, too! So much wisdom in litle bites!


The unexamined life is not worth living. Socrates

There are two ways to look at life. One is that nothing is a miracle. The other is that everything is a miracle.
Albert Einstein

...There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?
Robert Kennedy

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
Albert Einstein

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
Mother Teresa

The only quote you have that I might take exception to is on silent men. If you were silent, we'd all be missing out on SO much! Keep sharing! :)

PK's BLOG said...

Yeh. I've never been great at being silent. But if you read that quote again, it's kind of a 'slam' against the ladies. LOL. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Lol...I can take a slam from you...I am always teasing you and giving you a hard time! It's only cause I like you...if I didn't like you, I would ignore you. :)

PS...love this one!

I haven't failed. I've found 10,000 ways that won't work. -Benjamin Franklin

Anonymous said...

I love what was said about quotes being little bites of wisdom. Below are a few that I have on my Facebook...

"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."
~Fred Koenig

"If you don't believe in something you'll fall for anything"

My favorite:
"He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Heidi said...

Love these quotes! Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Elias is looking adorable in the new picture you have of him in your sidebar!