Sunday, June 13, 2010

MARS HILL


It was great to visit Seattle's Mars Hill Church today. It's one of the most innovative churches in the country as well as one of the fastest growing. Currently they are in 10 different campuses all over Seattle and one in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Pastor Mark Driscoll delivered his message via video from Israel --- standing near the spot Joelene and I stood back in January. It gave me a few ideas when I make my next trip there in 2011.

I have great admiration for Mars Hill Church. They're doing a great job in the Seattle area.

I still like my own church best, but ... they're lifting up Jesus to the city of Seattle.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the Holyland and walk where Jesus walked and see what He saw. PK, do you have an estimate on how much a trip like that would cost and when? It's just something I would like to shoot for. Not sure that I can, but it would be life-changing to actually be there.

PK's BLOG said...

It is still in the planning, but after meeting with the travel organization, I would estimate the trip is going to be in the mid-$3,000 range. The trip is being planned for November, 2011.

Anonymous said...

Do you feel that the trip DEEPENED your relationship with Jesus? That amount is large for a person like me, but who can put a price tag on how much their relationship with Jesus is worth? If it makes me a stronger Christian, then it is small price to pay. I feel this desire to as close to Him physically as I can. I will keep it in the back of my mind.