Friday, June 25, 2010

GOSPEL

The Gospel is the real life of God flowing into every nook and cranny of our everyday life. 'Blessing' doesn't mean financial cups are running over - or the absence of disease or pain. It means the 'other world' life makes a definable difference that can be seen and felt in this life. And when this 'other world' life shows up, even in the smallest form, it is attractive and people move toward it like thirsty horses stumbling toward a watering hole.

When a husband and father who has been struggling with anger and who verbally rips a hole in the heart of his wife and kids begins to let Christ win in his heart, the family should notice a difference.

When the materialistic businessman meets Christ and begins to re-invest his treasure for the benefit of others, there will be an observable difference in him.

It's always good news.

Our culture is starving for something, but this something has to be massive. It has to be scary; it has to be encompassing today for people to even notice.

Are they skeptical? Yes.
Are they jaded? Yes.
Have they lost their appetite? No.

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK...I completely understand your point about it being something huge to get people's attention. I think on a large scale, you are absolutely right. The thing is, don't ever minimize the small word of encouragement to anyone. We all desire to be liked and even loved. I've yet to meet one person who doesn't.

Long before I was saved, even, I was a huge fan of the book Random Acts of Kindness. If we all made it a point to once a week do something out of the ordinary for someone....just to show them the love of Jesus...it would trickle down. I believe that with all of my heart. I also loved the movie Pay It Forward. The concept is so simple, yet beautiful. It brings Jesus' message of loving others to life.

PK's BLOG said...

I absolutely agree. In fact, I have spoken in favor of the 'bloom where you are planted' approach forever. One-on-one is where it's at.

So when I say ''encompassing" and "massive" here, I mean it must be massive in YOUR life. The change must be REAL. Not that it has to be ON a large scale spread across hundreds of people.

You are perfectly positioned to reach someone in your sphere of influence for Christ. GO FOR IT.

PK's BLOG said...

PS -- In fact, most of the time when I tell people not to underestimate the power of the small word in their circle of influence, they push back and tell me "People where I work don't want to hear it" ... "I'm only around them a few hours a day - what good can come of that?" ... etc etc etc. So it's good to hear that someone understands the power of natural and normal one-on-one. Go for it.

Anonymous said...

I work with the public and I try to spread the cheer...and make them feel welcome and appreciated at Target. And I must say, our store is such a lovely work environment...we have formed a family of our own.

Aside from that, sincerely, with all of my heart, you are the best pastor I have ever known. Even better than Billy Graham... :)


See ya tomorrow. I can't wait to hear Kaleem. He will be fascinating!