Tuesday, June 29, 2010

MESSAGE

God doesn't need us to stick up for Him. He's doing OK with that. He does need us to represent Him, to be like Him, to look like Him and talk like Him, to be with people He would be with, to take the side of the 'missing' and 'uninformed' instead of those 'in the know.'

I wonder how God might lead us if we were more concerned about being 'friends of sinners' more than a friend to 'insiders.' My sense is that maybe people would begin having the same feelings for us that they did for Jesus.

What drew people to Jesus, surprisingly, was not a message so much. It was Him. His message often repelled people. Those who were drawn to Him as a man would leave after He let them in on His message. This is backward for most of us. We try to draw people in by soft-pedaling the message and end up repelling them by how we live our lives.

Get the message ... then go home and live it.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Amen to that PK!! I try every day to live my life as a shining light in a dark world. I mostly feel like I fail every day but I'll just keep on trying! So many Christians don't realize that the world judges God by the example we give them!! This week a friend of mines facebook post said this, "How can some claim to be born again Christians yet slander, attack, and judge? Do they think its okay as long as they claim to be born again? I just don't understand." Love your neighbor as yourself!!!!

Anonymous said...

PK...I have many friends who are not believers. I don't judge them, but I talk about church and Jesus and God frequently. How do you suppose Jesus would talk to them? How would he act?

Sometimes, I am not sure how to relate to them in a Christlike way...yet not judge their sinful behavior. Any thoughts?