Thursday, June 3, 2010

COMPARISON

Comparison will eat your lunch. I know, because it's happened to me. Today.

I've looked around at other pastors and said: "Why doesn't God use ME like that?" Or even: "Wow. I'm so glad I'm doing better than that guy."

Comparing our abilities and resources may seem natural - because everyone does it - but the truth is, it can be deadly.

The writer to the Hebrews instructs you to run YOUR race; not someone else's. Just run in the lane where God put you.

Please feel free to take the poll at left. Thanks.

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has used you in ways even you don't understand. I can attest to that. Thank you for being the best pastor ever...much love.

Janet Whitmore said...

The books "Humility" by Andrew Murray and one by Peter Wagner say it all and you are right. Most Comparisons lead to Pride.

Darren said...

wow...were you in my head today?

PK's BLOG said...

o yeah. I am there every day. Don't you forget that.