Monday, May 10, 2010

LOST

LOST ... it's a highly addictive TV show with people stranded on a deserted island that is nearing the end of its TV run soon.

LOST ... it's that zone where single socks, class rings, sunglasses and your car keys go to.

LOST ... it's how I feel listening to my daughter tell me that Zac Efron is now actually singing in High School Musical 2 unlike the lip-synching he did in High School Musical 1.

Being lost is never fun. Being lost and realizing no one is even looking for you is even worse.

I have found I have not done a great job at reaching lost people for Christ, mainly because I am surrounded by other Christians most of the day.

I used to be immersed in a world full of lost people. I rode my Big Wheel with them. I sat next to them at elementary school. I traded my last piece of Bazooka gum for their chocolate milk. We played soccer and ping pong together, went to see "Planet of the Apes" together, skated all-skates together at Rink World, eventually graduated together and waited tables together.

But eventually my encounters with pre-Christians got further and further apart. Today, I have to work extremely hard to build relationships with unbelievers.

This can change. It must change ... one relationship at a time ... one meal at a time.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

AMEN, PK. Pre-Christians...I like that.

Whitney Thulin said...

Good word, dad. And, it's totally spelled, like, Zac - with a "C"!