Saturday, April 10, 2010

WALKING STREET

Pattaya, Thailand - Walking Street - encounters:

"My name is Fernando and I am from Italy. I have come to Walking Street in Pattaya tonight for sex. Maybe more than once tonight. I am an agnostic, and while I do not believe prostitution is necessarily a good thing, it helps Thai families receive money into their homes by the girls offering themselves each night. I would like to find love, but so far, I haven't. I'd probably do anything if I could just find someone who would love me ... "

"My name is James and I am originally from New Zealand. I have a home here in Thailand. It's just a good time down here. You can get whatever you want -- beer, good conversation, sex, new friends, you name it. I don't see why it's a problem for anyone to be here since everyone is having such a great time. People who view what happens here as a problem have a problem."

"My name is Kyle and I am from California. My first time to Walking Street was two years ago. Now on my trips here I come every night. As often as I can. Actually, I don't even know why I come. I guess it does something for me. You know I used to teach Sunday School in my church when I was younger. But that's been years ago. I don't think anybody is getting hurt by what happens here on Walking Street. But I don't know ... maybe I shouldn't come here ... I'm not really sure why I do ... I'm going to have to think about it some more."

The above are real-life conversations from our Thailand missions trip to work with MST project (www.mstproject.com). The names have been changed to protect the men.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

LA Nickers said...

Maybe it's because I have two daughters.

Maybe it's because I'm human.

But this breaks my heart.

Lord, soften hearts to the plights of these young ladies. And change the hearts of those who think they don't count!

PK's BLOG said...

Yes. I'm glad you're praying for the men, too. They need the prayer as well. Thanks.