Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BACKHOE


While we were in Appleton at the annual Minister's District Council meetings, I received a call from my next door neighbor, who is a police officer. We live on a relatively country road and he informed that both of our mailboxes had been taken out by a car and the driver had her windshield smashed and ended up in my yard up the street.

This is the second time this has happened since we have lived here. The first time we received a call from our neighbor and that time we were in Northern Wisconsin at a minister's gathering, too. Hmmmm.

So today, I put a new mailbox in. That isn't that interesting of a story really. It might be interesting had a tried installing a new one alone, but I got help - hence, it isn't interesting. However, as my friend was pounding the new 4x4 attached to a metal holder into the ground, along came one of these guys (pictured) down the street. When he passed us, he swung the whole machine around facing us. Neither of us had any clue what the guy was doing or why he was doing it right then and there in front of us.

Next thing we knew, he yelled to us: "JUST LEVEL IT!" So we did, and he used the scoop of the backhoe to gently push the 4x4 right into the ground where it belonged. I looked up at him with a huge smile and gave him two thumbs up. He smiled and took off down the road.

I doubt he is reading this, but just in case, THANK YOU. You blessed us today.

And you be blessed, too.

A VERY IMPORTANT P.S. TO THIS BLOG ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR MIDDLE DAUGHTER, ALLISON - WHO TURNED 24 TODAY! WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good! I felt the exact same way when my car was flat at work and my two male friends changed it before I got off of work. There are other things that happened in this move that I think God for His hand in. My tire was going to cost about $55 to replace, but it ended up costing $10. I had to buy a new split box springs for my bed. A new one would have cost me $220 plus delivery. I got a gently used one (and it is only the box springs, not a mattress) and it was $85 with the delivery...and my Mom was being so sweet. She paid for it.

I think sometimes things go wrong and it just gives God a chance to show us that He loves us is thinking of us. And for that, I am very grateful.

Karen said...

Incredible! Awesome! One of those great, "little, simple" God-touches that blows you away as you are kissed by His love and can see Him smiling at His own gesture!

Karen said...

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALLISON!!! Can't believe she's 24...it all happens so fast.