Monday, March 22, 2010

IN SHAPE

I met yet ANOTHER KFA-er at the gym tonight. Several people from the gym have ended up coming to KFA on a weekend, to my great and joyous surprise.

At the same time, I continue meeting people there who are already part of the church on a regular basis. I am also repeatedly shocked at the number of 'in-shape' people who are part of KFA. I'm sure that has a lot to do with ME and what a great example I am in this area. Just kidding. Really.

But tonight was another case in point. I met a 35-year old man who was in absolutely tremendous shape working out at the gym. He approached me with a big smile, which is always a sign of SOMETHING and sure enough, he stuck out his hand and said, "HI, PASTOR KEVIN." Been coming to KFA about 3 years with his wife and two small children. Wonderful.

He is also a competitive body-builder preparing for an 'all-natural competition' to be held in Madison in a few weeks.

It's great to see KFA-ers in all walks of life everywhere you go. I love that. Take care of yourself out there.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admire all of yuou who are that disciplined...in many areas....not just physically. I am so type B...I can't stick to routines. If I believe in something, I am there 100%, but I can't drum up that excitement for exercise. Although, I used to dance an awful lot and I was a size 6 then. Too bad I was doing so many other things I shouldn't have been doing at the dance clubs, too.

Way to go all of you!!! :)