Friday, January 8, 2010

HOUSEHOLD

Ephesians says those who have come to faith are members of God's HOUSEHOLD. We've all been part of households. Still are.

What it means to be part of an earthly household are the same things it means to be part of a heavenly one.

It gives us the privilege of adoption. We now live in the same house with God and His family. All the experiences of His family are now ours:
Love
Care
Clothing
Food
Shelter
Provision
Protection
Attention
Interest
Concern
Training
Discipline

Help
Direction
Intimacy
Companionship

Along with all that comes the privilege of responsibility and service. Every person in the household has duties (chores) to perform. Each has some service to render for the sake of the whole family. We are responsible to love, care, provide for and teach each other.

'Whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My BROTHER and My SISTER.' (Matthew 12:50)

Glad you're in the family.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the email today from KFA. I am so excited to hear the opportunities to serve thru our church! There are numerous reasons that I enjoy serving.

I like being useful to God, it gives me a purpose in life, it makes me happy to help others and since my family is grown now, it gives me people to care for and I feel needed.

I've heard the family of God compared to a true BODY of the church. The whole of the body needs all of the parts to function properly. If we are missing some parts, then the church suffers.

I hope a lot of people get involved. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Well, I have found the area that I want to serve in...aside from ushering...I want to mentor a girl. I think since my kids and grandkids live so far away right now, it would be awesome to have a bond and love and have fun and encourage a girl. I'm not sure what age-range it is for, but I think it will be great! This area of service is brand new for KFA, so I think it is a wonderful opportunity to pour love and caring into a young person, just like Jesus did. I want to be Jesus with skin to a young girl...just like you, PK, were to me when I first came to be part of your church.

Anonymous said...

You know, when I was about 5-8 yrs old, I had an elderly neighbor, Carl, and he was as much my Grandpa as my real Grandpa's...even more so, because he was there and he had the biggest heart. He loved me like no one else. My Dad did, too, but he worked and Carl was retired. In my whole life, I will never forget him. I am so excited to "pay it forward" and give to a young girl the gift that Carl gave me! I'm going to keep praying for God to bring me the right one...maybe a shyer one, like I used to be. That would be awesome!