Monday, December 28, 2009

SONS-IN-LAW

It is gratifying, if not ironic, to find both our elder daughters and their husbands in ministry. It makes me happy in that, having grown up in a minister's home, that wasn't a big turn-off for the girls.

Today I went to church to watch and listen to my eldest son-in-law lead worship where he is the Contemporary Service Worship Leader. Just across town from him, my other son-in-law is in ministry as Business Administrator of a church.

So both girls have chosen husbands who find themselves with a calling to serve God and the church. We'll see what Number Three does, but I'm proud of them all, no matter what vocation they choose.

Before the year rolls over, it is a great time to let those you love know how proud of them you are.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Joelene have raised a very nice family. You should be proud of the young women they have become. It sounds like they picked wonderful men, just like their Dad. I'm glad you all are having a beautiful holiday!

JCsings4Him said...

I am in awe that my children are as happy as they are and serving the Lord where they are. Proud. And incredibly blessed. And I tell them or show them as often as I can.

Isn't it pleasently comforting that our children have grown up to be such responsible, respectful AND respectable adults? It only proves again that His grace IS sufficient!

Happy New Year!

Whitney Thulin said...

That was really nice dad.