Wednesday, November 11, 2009

PICTURE

Picture a different world. Imagine one in which two billion believers truly embrace the full Gospel -- each doing his part by placing his or her piece into the puzzle and completing God's stunning vision of a reclaimed and redeemed world -- the Kingdom, right here among us.

Might the world sit up and take notice of that? Would they ask new questions?
Who are these people so motivated by love?
Where did they come from?
Why do they sacrifice to help those the rest of the world has forgotten?
Where do they find their strength? And joy? And peace?
Who is this God they serve?

Can you picture it?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this post. I am reading Velvet Elvis right now from the library. I know you had listed it as a favorite book and then some friends from small group said it is an awesome book. I love it! It is unlike most Christian books I have read. It gives me a way to look at and read the bible that makes it come alive and more interactive with God...if that makes sense. I think that Christians who radiate love and joy are so attractive to unbelievers. Joel Osteen drew me in and now look at where I am! :) He is more positive than anyone I can think of, but he was a Christian unlike some I have seen, so I was drawn to a bible-believing church. I'm just blessed that God led me to your church, because I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...for SO many reasons. Good sermons, good worship music,classes,events...our church has everything.