Friday, November 13, 2009

DAY

Every now and then - either because I'm lazy or because my life is truly as dull as they come - I just post what I did that day ... hence the blog title: "A DAY IN THE LIFE ... " I don't know why anyone cares -- but I usually get comments ... so here goes:

I woke up.

Answered twenty e-mails from some people at church over some breakfast yogurt.

Showered.

Went to the gas station, where I saw a guy from church.

Went to the gym to workout, where I saw a guy from church.

Ran some errands. Stopped at a store to say 'Hi' to a lady from church.

Stopped by my favorite shopping experience - GOODWILL - where I saw a guy from church.

Came home and mowed the yard for the last time this year. Chopped up the leaves with the mower that had fallen from the oaks in the past week (see November 7th blog). Waved at a guy from church when he drove by and honked his horn.

Met my wife for dinner at Charcoal Grill. Saw a couple of people from church there.

Went to a couple of stores to pick up some items. Somebody from church facebooked that they saw me there, even though I didn't see them.

Went home and answered ten e-mails from people at church.

Watched a couple of recorded TV shows and tried not to think about anyone from church.

A day in the life ...

And be blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK...it soumds like you have been in ministry for so long, that you may very well not remember what it is like to NOT live in a fishbowl. I wish you peace and at least a little bit of privacy. I know from my own experience how much I have asked of you. I can only imagine how so many members of the church want a little piece of you and how exhausting that must be. You are a wonderful pastor, though. Just get some down-time, ok? Take care of yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

PS...on Monday nights, Charcoal Grill has buy one, get one free burgers. Me and my family go there sometimes for it.

LA Nickers said...

Watch out for those falling mowers. If a mower falls from a tree, you'd better duck.

(Sorry . . . career editor . . . and quirky juxtapositions just jump out at me.)

;-)

PK's BLOG said...

haha. I see what you mean. Major ouch, in more ways than one.

Anonymous said...

.....the 'people from church' is hilarious to me!