Thursday, November 26, 2009

4,000

Thanksgiving Day is all about awesome family and awesome food.

We have an awesome family, for sure. All three of our daughters and two sons-in-law are here for the holidays ... my mom is here ... Joelene's parents and eldest brother are here ... one of Olivia's friends, too. O yeah, and Elias, our grandson. Can't forget him. He's here, too.

So there are 13 of us. It's been great.

And the food ... is AWESOME! I'm figuring I've eaten somewhere between 3,700 and 4,500 calories today, give or take 3,000 calories.

Today's menu:
BREAKFAST around 10:30 a.m. today ...
Egg Fritatta
Sausage Links (I ate 5)
Fruit (pineapple, grapes, kiwi, orange)
Cinnamon roll (with lots of frosting)
Orange Juice
Milk

SNACK: Two Ho-Hos (I went to the garage and snuck them so nobody would know I was cheating in between meals, as well as a single-serving container of chocolate milk).

For fun, I played the baby grand today with my grandson propped up on my lap (That's us at left there). What fun that was. I can tell he's going to play the piano. Don't ask how; I can just tell. He's going to. I mean it.

SNACK: A couple of Oreos later in the day. OK, I had four.

CHEWING GUM. Does that count?

Joelene's dad led a meaningful pre-supper devotional about being thankful. I led the fam in a couple of 'thanks' choruses from the piano.

THANKSGIVING SUPPER around 5 p.m. (it's worth waiting for) ...
'Sparkling Duck' for an opening family toast (Relax, it's non-alcoholic)
Walnut/Pear/Gorgonzola salad
Veggie Tray
Olive Tray
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Dressing/Stuffing (depending on what part of the country you originate in)
Green Bean casserole
Rice pudding
Cranberry Sauce
Stuffed Shells with marinara sauce
Sweet potatos with praline sauce
Pepperoni
Italian Sausage
Italian Steak
Meatballs
Turkey, Turkey, Turkey (dark and white meat both)

Crescent Rolls with butter
I drank water in order to stay healthy.

We drove to CHRISTMAS LANE around 8 p.m. to look at Christmas lights. We got out and walked the block. As I was walking I found 3 'Three Musketeers' bars in my pocket that must have been there since the last time I wore that heavy coat, which would have been last Winter. But they were still good.

When we got back home around 9 p.m we had THANKSGIVING DESSERT ...
'Pots de Creme' (think rich rich chocolate mousse)
Apple Crisp
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

I will just SUGGEST that before bed I MAY have popped one more Ho-Ho. I'm just saying.

How was yours?

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you didn't hit the 7,000 calorie mark I would be shocked. lol Glad you are enjoying the family time..it's precious!

Anonymous said...

Ours was really nice,too. Just Mom and I this time around, but the food was excellent...I haven't lost my touch. I don't cook nearly enough big dinners now that I am single...too much food for one.

However, I went shopping at 5 am at Target, Kohl's and even went to Big Lots to buy Slumdog Millionare for $3! :) That all was fun...plus, at Target I snuck into the employee lounge and snagged free coffee and donuts. Nice to have connections...lol. They are providing us with Fazoli's for lunch and dinner.

Last night I watched Beyonce' in concert on tv...great show! She is a good singer and a great dancer! What fun!

PS...that water you drank will surely melt off the lbs.! LOL

Anonymous said...

By the way...the new pics of you and Joelene and also your daughters and their husbands are really nice! Very photogenic....all of you! :)

JCsings4Him said...

Well, PRAISE JESUS!! There is NOTHING like family holiday traditions...and I love to share your "food traditions" with people I know. (yes, I said "your") I love how much you all love food...you make me smile. Remember...3000 calories is only one pound...and a binge is only five. That walk around Chicago should work wonders!

I am so happy you could spend this Thanksgiving with your whole family...and Elias' FIRST Thanksgiving...precious!

Hmmmm...Christmas is just around the corner...