Monday, October 26, 2009

TRAVELED BY

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." ---- ROBERT FROST

I will admit that I have struggled more of late than ever before about the implications of the Gospel in my own life.

What is my responsibility to the poor?
How should I use my money?
How do I deal with my own pride and self-centeredness?
What exactly does God expect of me if I claim to follow Him?
Can I call Him "LORD" if I'm not always doing what He says to do?
What right do I have to pastor a great church, challenging others in THEIR Christian walk?

It's like one blind beggar helping another blind beggar find food. And yet, God uses broken, imperfect people to bind up wounds, heal hurts, speak truth and inspire others. He uses both mistakes and victories to shine light on a path for others to follow. What He has done in all of our lives is a miracle.

In the end, responding to the Gospel is not for nations or committees or even churches; it is for individuals - one person at a time. It takes transformed people to transform the world.

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your transparency in this blog. We all struggle with different areas. You don't have to be perfect to be our pastor. We wouldn't have anyone else. Knowing that you are a human being like me is what makes you different than the Catholic church and their priests. I want someone that I can relate to, but who also helps me to grow in my relationship with the Lord. You've always done that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Kathie Wamsley said...

Never, not ever, does a Sunday go by that I don’t pinch myself after the service and realize how blessed I am to have had the privilege of hearing either you or Pastor Dan preach. None of us are perfect, but both of you seem to do an awesome job of motivating us in spite of any flaws. Neither of you wear any masks, but rather, openly reveal aspects of your lives allowing us to see your vulnerability. You do this in order to build bridges with us and come alongside as we all journey towards eternity. The light of Jesus shines through you as a beacon drawing others towards the source. Thank you for all that you do, for the hours you spend, for the sacrifices you make, for the courage you show, and for the unconditional love you generously disperse. Lots of words just to say, I’m so grateful.

Heidi said...

Wow. That is so true. I think about that all the time and struggle with it as well. Thanks.

PK's BLOG said...

KATHIE:
Thanks for those overly gracious oomments. It is a pleasure and privilege to serve at KFA.