Sunday, October 25, 2009

MISSIONS

Today was our every-six-months emphasis on Missions.

Features:
Maris Banas -- who spent 11 months ministering in 11 countries all around the world thru 'The World Race.' What a tremendous ball of wonderful energy she is.

Sam Johnson -- former missionary to Portugal and Spain and currently establishing churches in Africa, including countries in the 10/40 corridor such as Algeria and Egypt. Another amazing ball of energy.

Highlighting of '09 - '10 missions trips -- England, Jamaica, Thailand (6 trips), Honduras, Mexico, Minneapolis, Kenya, Nicaragua, India.

Thailand Dinner at Las Cazuelas -- I know -- a Thailand fundraising dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Go figure. Over 100 people didn't care because that's how many bought tickets to eat in support of the trip. Packed full of noisy, hungry KFA-ers. All that energy under one roof.

A ton of energy this morning. I'm pumped.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The service yesterday was very inspiring! I love Marisa Banas! I remember her from last year, too. I just want to adopt her...she's great! :)

The buffet at Las Casuelas was delicious...I love those chicken enchiladas! It was so generous of them to supply all of the food, so the money could go to Missions. I will surely be going there many more times. Denise and I want to get the girls together for dinner soon.

Heidi said...

I didn't realize we have a missions focus every six months. I thought it was always in November! Ha ha! But honestly, it is my FAVORITE thing about our church. It is perfect timing to get my mind focused on giving right before the holiday season. It makes Christmas become more about helping those in need than giving gifts to my kids and family. I love it!