Sunday, October 11, 2009

MEGABUS


I would be blessed and honored if you would take the poll at right. Thank you.

I will confess to coming very close to 'losing it' today in an exchange with a total stranger. I say I came 'close,' which is why I can actually share it with you. I did not go over the edge, so it's communicable on this blog.

We were dropping off our youngest, Olivia, at the MEGABUS stop in downtown Milwaukee (I brought her home from North Central University this weekend as a surprise to her mom - and she was returning this afternoon) - and as I was delivering her big red suitcase to the driver who was loading the luggage onto the bus, he honestly treated me like a total piece of garbage -- the way he spoke to me and received the luggage.

I was kind of flabbergasted at this unexpected turn of events and my first instinct (and second - and third - and fourth - and fifth instinct) was to lash back at him. Fortunately for me --- and for the Kingdom --- I followed my SIXTH instinct, which was to smile and thank him for taking the piece of luggage.

I don't think that's anything much like Jesus experienced when He was rejected and mistreated. It was a small drop in the bucket, but it did make me think about my faith and if it was living enough to be tested at the drop of a hat. I passed this time and I'd sure like to pass every time. I just wish I actually DID.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, PK. I work with the public, so sometimes I get a grumpy customer. I find myself losing my pleasant attitude and getting quiet and somber. I like my job, so I don't lash back, but sometimes I do with others outside of work. Not too often, but sometimes. Depending on how well I know someone, I can be too quick to say what I am thinking.

So, you aren't alone. We ALL have issues to work with. If it makes you feel any better, I have more to change than you do. You are pretty nice just the way you are.

Unknown said...

Wow! I am really convicted by that! Thanks for sharing.