Sunday, September 20, 2009

FESTIVITIES 2

This is the birthday that never ends, I'm afraid. Today at church, they pulled me out of the membership class I was teaching and dragged me into the main auditorium where they were showing old pictures of me and where my whole family surprised me onstage with a luscious-looking chocolate cake. Nice.

After both services in the main church lobby there was chocolate cake for everyone.

The 'touchstone' during the service today was a pair of 3-D glasses for everyone, complete with 3-D movie on screen. Is the way you see the world the way Christ sees it? Or is your view distorted?

P.S. -- On a more (much more) spiritual note, it was awesome to have John Bevere (author of "BAIT OF SATAN" and "DESTINED FOR ETERNITY") with us on Saturday evening. Twenty-five people came to faith.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a big day at church today! We had communion, 3D glasses, a celebration of your birthday, we got to see Elias in person...and he is terribly cute! The day had a festive feel to it. It was fun!

Also...John Bevere is an amazing speaker. He certainly helped me to see those in positions of authority in a more reverential way.


I know in your case, you seem pretty much down to earth, so I treat you much as I would anyone. However, it will be easy to treat you with honor, as I have a good deal of respect for you. I found John Bevere's topic to be food for thought. I liked what he had to say.