Wednesday, September 2, 2009

COURT

Today was the most amazing, interesting day. I had the opportunity to visit Federal Court in downtown Chicago. The Federal judge is part of our church. He had invited me down to see him in action and it was cool to watch him work.

I was so impressed with his gentle demeanor and care for everyone in the courtroom, while at the same time sentencing a bank robber who had wielded a gun in the process. I was proud to be associated with him -- and him with our church.

I got quite an education, listening to him work his way thru the legal process with the various people who came before him today. Fascinating.

How great to have people of that stature and influence so committed to the Kingdom of God. It sure made me even more eager to pray for him after seeing what great responsibility he holds and the potential he has to impact our society.

Just a very cool day today.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

LA Nickers said...

Awesome reminder - to pray for our authorities.

Anonymous said...

that is really cool!