Sunday, August 16, 2009

VIDEO VENUE

Today was a day of 'ups and downs.' A DAY IN THE LIFE, right? My life should, some days, be defined by Murphy's Laws.

I left my house on a motorcycle this morning, in preparation for our after-church IRONMEN MOTORCYCLE RIDE. My computer didn't fit in the side bags all the way, so I had to shove it in with 1/4 of it hanging out the top of the bag. Just to 'hide' it, I brought an extra shirt in case I wanted to change for the bike ride and I used the shirt to cover the exposed PC. As I headed up the street, I didn't realize the RecPlex Marathon was going on today, so I had to turn around and go two miles out of my way to avoid all the road blockages in order to get to church (Murphy's Law).

On the way, I stopped at Walgreen's, to pick up shots of my new grandson to show absolutely EVERYONE once I got to church. They had been sent in via internet last night and, of course, Walgreen's didn't know anything about them (Murphy's Law).

So I hopped back on the bike and finished the route to church. Once I got there, I realized the shirt I had used to cover the exposed PC had - somewhere between Walgreen's and church - blown away (Murphy's Law).

The day picked up once I got to KFA though. I managed to print some pics right off my blog here and show them to -- ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE who was breathing.

The VIDEO VENUE preview service in the H2O Auditorium (pictured below) was today. Lisa Kurman and I were the host pastors this morning. Things went pretty smoothly - we learned a few things to improve it already - about 20 volunteers showed up - and the atmosphere was very positive. Live worship and message on video. Straight, plain and simple - great. I'm looking forward to how God is going to use this new VENUE in our city.

Afterwards, a bunch of guys headed out for the motorcycle ride. It rained on us (Murphy's Law), but we still had a great time and didn't get too wet.

Overall -- I'd still give this day a '9,' Murphy and all.

And be blessed.

No comments: