Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WAR - 24


Tonight, the FUSION group from our church had a cookout at our home. FUSION represents the young adults of our church - both single and married. (http://www.kenoshafirst.com/connect/fusion.html) What a great group. I'm just trying to fake being 'cool' tonight in the pic above. But I love hanging out with them - even if they did almost start the woods on fire adjacent to my house. Not quite, but almost.

I happen to be speaking on war and injustice this coming weekend and I thought it would be a good idea to get their thoughts since I respect their point of view and hoped it would shed some light on what their generation thinks about it -- not to mention probably stretch me personally.

Funny thing is: A) I thought they would all think basically the same way about war. They didn't. And B) I don't personally remember being as articulate or passionate about ANYTHING as these young adults seem to be about EVERYTHING. And I loved that. They spoke with conviction and determination about their thoughts concerning the 'rightness' and 'wrongness' of war in today's big world. I thought their views, though not all lined up with one another, were extremely succinct and well-thought through. I didn't agree with every view spoken, but enjoyed hearing their energy and appreciated their willingness to be transparent with a guy like me, who could probably be their father.

It just made me feel more confident that the people we're turning the world over to are some pretty concerned, intelligent, in-the-know young people. And now ... I have a lot more to think about before this weekend's message is completed.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

JCsings4Him said...

Love that pic...it reminds me of Lil C who is a dancer/choreographer for So You Think You Can Dance... you look..."Buuuck".

Anyway...it's cool that you heard from the young adults on such a strong subject! Sometimes we think that young adults just don't get it, but they do. Sometimes it's lining it up with God's Word that can get confusing. I do not believe anyone LIKES war...that would be ridiculous...but, war is inevitable; no matter which "side" you prefer. It's prophetic. And in this age, it really is time to choose whom you will follow and where you will fight. It is good to see our young Christian adults not afraid to stand for what they believe.

Would love to hear you this weekend...I miss hearing you preach! Have a blessed day, PK.