Monday, July 20, 2009

GUITAR - 26


I had my second guitar lesson today. Greg Simmons from our church is teaching me. He’s been playing guitar for 20 years and just came up to me a couple of months ago: “I hear you have learning to play the guitar on your bucket list. Are you serious about that?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, if you’re serious, I can teach you.”

So – with that – we started last week. It was awesome. I learned four or five chords and we did some rhythmic strumming. I think I’ll be a fairly quick study because of my musical and strong keyboard background – and I also played the cello for awhile a few years back. Poorly, but still.

I know the guitar is a whole different animal than keyboards and I think the greatest challenge will be getting the hang of strumming with some sense of decent consistent rhythm, fitting my big fingers onto only one string at a time ---- and grimacing till those guitar-based callouses arrive.

Should be fun. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Darren said...

i'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Psalm 92
What a beautiful thing, God, to give thanks, to sing an anthem to you, the High God!
To announce your love each daybreak,
sing your faithful presence all through the night,
Accompanied by dulcimer and harp,
the full-bodied music of strings.

You made me so happy, God
I saw your work and I shouted for joy.
How magnificent your work, God!
How profound your thoughts!