Wednesday, July 1, 2009

DO

This past weekend was a tough time for me to communicate from the stage. The subject matter was difficult, edgy at times, and just generally emotional for me (both times - almost as if 'on cue').

Many people spoke to me afterward this weekend - uncharacteristically so. Thanks for that. I sensed a connection with the people, despite the difficult words coming from me about our vision and mission.

So it made me think to tell you - at the risk of being self-focused - what you can do for US as leaders - to help us. Here's what ...

1) Love my wife and daughter (the one who is still here at home). They don't always get the best part of me because of the work of the church - and they deserve the best part of me.

2) Pray for us.

3) Allow me some uninterrupted hours during the day to prep for the next 'big teaching time.' Our crowd does this pretty well.

4) Give me constructive feedback on what you hear -- I said 'constructive.'

5) Serve to the fullest of your ability with as much joy as you can muster.

6) Speak well of others, including me.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder...I will pray for you again. I thought I usually gave you high marks for your sermons. I always get something from them. I want more chances to serve....it does give me joy. I will usher on Sunday...they always need hep at the 10:45 service. Last, but not least I always speak well of you.

Heidi said...

Regarding #6, I think you looked very nice on Sunday. :) Love the vest look with the crisp white shirt and the nice tall collar. I wish Matt would wear vests! When you got up, I leaned over and said, "See, babe? Pastor Kevin wears vests..." :)

PK's BLOG said...

MY LIFE:
Thanks so much. That's hilarious.