Thursday, June 11, 2009

DUCK


I won a prize today at Associated Bank located inside Pic-N-Save. They had a puzzle posted on a dryboard on the back wall and offered a prize to whoever could solve it. Well ... the same puzzle has been there for the past 6 weeks. It hasn't changed. I've looked at it every time I've gone and I'm kind of a puzzle guy, so I put my brain to it. I had figured out most of it right away the first time I saw it, but there was one line that had me stumped. So today, when I saw the puzzle was STILL there, it just bothered me that NOBODY had been able to yet solve it and I was tired of looking at it, so I stood there for an extra couple of minutes trying to decode the thing. THEN ... all of a sudden it came to me.

So yeah - I solved it. And I won a huge green refrigerator magnet that you can clip notes to.

See if you can solve it.

'MR ducks. MR not ducks. OIC. CDEDBD ducks. MR ducks.'

That's it. If you don't want to see the answer, don't scroll down.


Here's the answer:
'Them 'er ducks. Them 'er NOT ducks. Oh, I see. "See de itty bitty ducks?" Them 'er ducks.'

And voila! A huge green refrigerator magnet that you can clip notes to is YOURS.

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I have absolutely NO patience for puzzles where you have to think or use your brain. But congrats! I'm thoroughly impressed.

Anonymous said...

That is a much better place for me to shop than Supervalue now. I don't care for Woodman's. Too crazy and there is SO much food there, I end up spending more anyways. Besides, it is too far for me, unless I do it on Sunday after church.

Congrats on your winning..lol...I always knew you are a pretty smart one. :)

JCsings4Him said...

Very cool...solve this:

MR puppies, MR NOT puppies, SMR, CMPN? LILB, MR puppies!

Same concept, different, well, you get the idea. We have a few around here if you want to ever use them as ice breakers!

Loved the post and congrats on solving the puzzle!

PK's BLOG said...

JC:
Nice try.

"Yes 'em are. See 'em peein? (excuse my French) -- Well, I'll be?"

:)