Wednesday, May 13, 2009

GRACIAS

I have to tell you how much I love the Hispanic community here at our church (KFA). Not long ago, they sponsored a dinner and invited the staff and hosted us like we were Champions. So gracious and warm. The food was as good as I've had anywhere. That's not why I love them - though it doesn't hurt.

The approach and attitude of our Hispanic members is so benevolent and I'm thankful for their hearts for God. We began in-ear simultaneous translation of our services from English-into-Spanish awhile back and that is going so well. Spanish-speaking friends continue to pour into the church.

It was just confirmed to me once again today as I met with someone from the Spanish-speaking community and they were telling me about their Wednesday night Spanish-speaking prayer group and what a great ministry it has been to those who come -- and now, a new small group for Spanish-speaking families is starting. That is awesome.

Gracias.

And be blessed.

No comments: