Sunday, May 17, 2009

ENJOY

Don't you know people who just seem to live bigger, grander, happier lives than you? Those are people who have a high expectation and a deep conviction that their future will be better than their past. They have an irresistible optimism and a contagious faith - this eternal hope that keeps moving them forward.

But a lot of us have lost the hope of our dream - particularly in this 2009 atmosphere. We've lost our spirit. We've lost our joy.

But Jesus said our joy would be complete. Some of us think joy is supplemental - it's an add-on. But it isn't. God says joy can be complete. That's how you know the world is not in the condition God designed it - because there are tons of people on the planet living with unbearable sorrow and loneliness - living the exact opposite of what God wants for them. They can't imagine a life that would bring them joy.

Is it possible there is a dream you were created to live that contains hope, love, joy and peace? I'm not a prophet, but I know God's plan for you. I'm just being scriptural. God's plan is for you to enjoy this life. It's the only one you've been given. And no matter how awful OR great your past has been -- with God, your future is going to be greater.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found that I have months of joy and happiness and I feel that I can accomplish so much for God and in life in general. Then, I go through times when things begin to go wrong and it gets me a little down. I am in a BIT of that place now, but I really do have an optimism that this time, as I turn to the Lord more than ever, that it will pass much more quickly than in days gone by. I know that He will get me through anything...I just need to keep making the right choices and not make the wrong ones...esp financially. I know everything will be ok soon and I have that spirit of optimism that will overcome any financial or loneliness worries that I have.

Anonymous said...

I find my times of struggle come when I am separated from the body and regular attendance at corporate worship.
Perhaps it shouldn't be so since we all have a personal walk but I draw strength from seeing how others are doing, giving and receiving love and support, ministering & so forth. When I am isolated I just don't do well.