Saturday, April 25, 2009

VEGETARIAN


I had salmon for dinner tonight. Not your typical Saturday evening meal for us. Joelene doesn't like fish, period, but every now and then -- more frequently as years pass -- she prepares it for me.

Every now and then I think about what it would be like to be a vegetarian -- and I think I could maybe do it. Those Castelvetrano Olives above look kind of yummy, don't they? If I DID become a vegetarian, I'd certainly be in fairly good company. Happycow.net is a website that lists over 500 famous vegetarians: Carrie Underwood, Chelsea Clinton, Dennis Kucinich, Emily Dickinson, Johnny Cash, Mark Twain, Pythagoras, Ringo Starr and ... um ... Jesus. I'm not sure how they know at happycow that Jesus never ate meat, but ...

But I am often tempted to just live on varieties of veggies -- but then I drive by Famous Dave's or, like last night, have dinner at Red Robin and eat a 1/2 pound of burger and realize it'll never happen. I just like MEAT too much.

But if I DID give it up, pictures like these all-veggie entrees make me think it MIGHT be possible to survive and be happy. How about you?











Above: Marcona Almonds ..... Above right: Chickpea Fries with Herbs

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NADA....ain't happenin'. I actually crave protein sometimes and a nice slab of meat is exactly what I want...lol. I little ole' peanut buter sandwich is not going to cut it.

I am re-watching Seven Pounds...the first time, I was too distracted. Good movie, so far.

Looking forward to your sermon tomorrow.

Joann still likes filet :~) said...

Chickpea fries...mmmm...and other words that should NEVER go together! COME ON!!! If you are a vegetarian you could at least eat REAL fries!!!

Still...we have considered it, too. Daniel did it...not sure about Jesus, though. :~)