Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HOLYLAND


Joelene & I were at the HOLYLAND EXPERIENCE in Orlando today. The attraction features a bunch of scenes from the life of Jesus acted out - the Last Supper, the Crucifixion and Resurrection - Centurion scene - etc. (Some of those things didn't happen today because it was rainy.) There is also the world's largest model of the city of Jerusalem. Very interesting.

We were in the Scriptorium for awhile - 14 dimly-lit rooms with some of the earliest known manuscripts of the Bible in them.

It DID rain, which was unfortunate and was only 69 degrees, which by Florida standards in April, was a chill, but we're not working, so it was still fun.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to experience the whole thing, due to the weather. What did you think of it? Is it worth making the trip with that primarily in mind? Did it feel as if you were actually there when Jesus lived?

I wen to see an Easter play with Rich on Sunday. After it was over everyone including the actors went into the gym for coffee and cake. I saw the man, Raymond, who played Jesus. I went up to speak to him and I asked him if I could get a hug from Jesus, as that would be as close as I would get until I see Him in person. He said, of course. Makes me wonder what it really WILL be like when I meet Him face to face.

Anyway, I thought the Holyland would be as close to reliving the days when Jesus really was among us...esp with live actors.

Would you recommend it for someone with a limited budget? Is is it that good or should I head off to a sandy beach near the ocean somewhere? :) Which I AM doing in May! Lucky me!

One other thing they have in CA is a Holocaust museum. I saw it before, but this time I would like to go. In addition to Disneyland and Laguna beach. I also love going to Hollywood and Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. It's fun to see how the other half lives. Some of the houses are absolutely beautiful...but many are surrounded my high walls and shrubs and security, thought they sell maps of the stars homes for $5 or you can take a bus tour, which is also fun.

I got to meet many stars the 20 years I lived in CA, but the only one I really respected was AC Green. The rest were ok.

Anyway, hope you are having fun...