Sunday, April 5, 2009

GOD'S TEAM

I've had a great time with our "EMPIRE" series over the past 8 weeks - taking on the book of Romans. It ended today but I'm looking forward to what is next ... Easter Sunday and then the "At The Movies" series.

The closing theme today was: 'YOU ARE ON GOD'S TEAM if you commit your life to Him.'

Is there a person among us who has not been broken? Is there anybody reading who has not experienced guilt or shame? If such a thing as grace exists, then grace was made for people like YOU and ME.

Is there anyone who feels unwanted? Come to Jesus and find affection and acceptance. Is there anyone tired or weary? Come to Jesus and experience rest and peace. If you think you’re unworthy, you are a brother and sister of ours. Because there are no strangers … there are no outcasts … there are no orphans of God. When you put your faith in Him, you are on God's team.

You belong to God. Every ONE of you do. It's so uncomplicated. You just come as you are. The bar isn’t raised any higher for YOU than it was for any of the rest of us who have already come to faith. Just as He did for all of us, when we were broken, God showed up and recruited the discouraged, the down-and-out and the hurting onto His team and into His Kingdom.

NOW ... serve Him with the same energy and fervor that you served sin.

(PS - I loved the amazing ballet performed this morning to the live song. So graceful and beautiful.)

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're sermon was awesome...truly. I walked into church feeling a little stressed out, but by the time I left I was on such a high with God! The worship was amazing, too! I just soaked in the presence of the Lord. It was hard to go to work right away. I wanted to go out and celebrate Jesus!!! I was so happy and filled with love and joy.

Anonymous said...

Did you write this for your MOM?
It really did me good.With the ups and downs lately, I haven't been thinking too clearly, but you helped me with your words on "GOD'S TEAM"
Thanks, LOVE YA MOM

PK's BLOG said...

SURE I DID!!!!!
LOVE.
:)