Monday, March 30, 2009

CHARACTER

I was at our 2nd LETTERS FROM DAD session tonight and listened to the stories of how the men presented personal letters to their wives this month. It was an amazing array of stories -- exciting, proud, thankful, anxious, anticipatory, wonderful.

What struck me was the yearning for character that these men have ... how they want to remembered by their wives and families as people of substance ... people of depth ... people of respect ... people of admiration ... people of character.

Character.

Your character is who you truly are. It will impact how much you accomplish. It will determine whether or not you are worth knowing. It will make or break every single one of your relationships. It is the internal script that will reveal your response to failure, success, mistreatment and pain. It reaches into every facet of your life. It is more critical than your greatest talent, your extensive education, your significant network or your deepest friendships. Those things all open doors, but it is your character that determines what happens once you pass thru those doors. Your good looks may get you married; your character will keep you married.

Character.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...this is officially my very favorite post. I am all about a person's character. That's why I like you. :) It's also the reason I may NEVER remarry, because all of the men of character are taken. Oh well, someday....we'll see. It up to God, not me. I haven't been on a date in 6 years, because every single man I ever met after my divorce had no character. Made me miss Randy an awful lot. He's a really, really good man. Oh well, I'm happy for him and for me...right now I am as happy as a clam. :) God is too good to me.

JCsings4Him said...

May I share this?

PK's BLOG said...

OF COURSE. Anytime.