Friday, February 13, 2009

WET PAINT


Tell someone there are four billion stars in the universe and they'll automatically believe you. But hang up a "WET PAINT" sign and they'll have to test it for themselves to make sure.

There are a lot of inscrutable things in our lives like that which we have just gotten used to ...

Why are things that arrive by ship called 'cargo' and things that come by truck are called 'shipments?'

Why does quicksand work so slowly?

Why are boxing rings square?

Why do public bathrooms have no baths?

Don't those things BOTHER you? They do me.

If you have a bunch of odds and ends, and you get rid of all but one of them, what do you have?

How can you make amends, but not just ONE amend?

How can my house burn UP at the same time it burns DOWN?

How do I fill IN a form by filling it OUT?

How can my alarm clock go OFF by going ON?

I'm going to get back to you all when I've figured a few of these out. Or tomorrow - whichever comes first.

In the meantime ...

Be blessed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You think too much - LOL!!!

LA Nickers said...

Quirky . . . . but intriguing.

But I'm a bit hooked on words and wordplay too. (Not exactly a news flash.)

Blessings,
LR