Friday, February 6, 2009

BRAIN ITCH

I've had 'brain-itch' all day long. Know what that is? It is something in your head that just won't go away, no matter how hard you try or what you do to make it stop. In this context today, it was a SONG I couldn't get rid of. I'm sure that's happened to you in some form or another.

Down thru the years there have been plenty of 'brain-itch' type songs. Here are some prime examples ...

'Y.M.C.A.' by the Village People (1978). You remember the lyrics AND the motions, don't you? It's a fifth-inning staple at Yankee Stadium still.

'867-5309/Jenny' by Tommy Tutone (1982). Not only did it stick in your head, it also caused thousands of people across the country to call the number asking for Jenny.

'We Will Rock You' by Queen (1977). It is the granddaddy of brain-itch tunes. Nobody can escape it.

'Don't Worry, Be Happy' by Bobby McFerrin (1988). Acapella, remember?

'Who Let the Dogs Out' by Baha Men (2000). They won a Grammy for it and ESPN loves it.

'Mambo No. 5' by Lou Bega (1999). Originally recorded in 1949 and then, voila!, it's back 50 years later.

Now here's your task. Which of these songs was the culprit of my 'brain-itch' today? Vote in the QUIZ at upper right.

I'm doing PART TWO on 'brain-itch' tomorrow, so come back. Until then ...

Be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol...you are so funny! I voted for Don't Worry, Be Happy. Just don't get me started!!!

By the way, our small group tonight was fabulous!

Kathy

Nate Fenimore said...

I voted on 'Who Let the Dogs Out'. What do I get if I win, chocolate? or is it not that kind of poll?

Either way.... I'll take some chocolate. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Don't know which song is in YOUR brain, but your list has now planted one of those tunes in MY brain.

Gee . . . how can I ever thank you enough for that?


;-)