Saturday, February 7, 2009

BRAIN ITCH 2

PLEASE VOTE IN THE QUIZ AT RIGHT, BASED ON THE "BRAIN-ITCH" BLOG on FEBRUARY 6th.

Here's the other half of my 'brain-itch' thing from yesterday. THIS is the REAL brain-itch ... those things that I can NEVER get off my mind ... things that are non-negotiables for me as a person ... as a follower ... as a believer ... as a Christian ... principles I'm called to live out in such public, visible, obvious ways that the world will sit up and take note.

Part of my non-negotiables come from the book of Micah: doing justice, loving mercy and walking humbly with God.

Others are from Exodus ... Loving God and worshipping Him only ... not allowing any allegiance to come before Him ... lettting His love be the grouding for every relationship in life … with father and mother … sister and brother. That same love won't let me covet what belongs to my neighbor ... that love provides a basis for giving and forgiving.

These are non-negotiables for bringing about RECONCILIATION in a world that’s been torn apart … segregated … divided. We are disciples of Christ … a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. One of the ways we restore wholeness is by living another of our non-negotiables ... that of being a pro-reconciling and anti-racist church, challenging ourselves to pick up the pieces and bring the pieces together in the ministry of reconciliation.

There is no better way to do that than by remembering our non-negotiable principles. And by remembering God’s concern is not that we have them carved in granite, but that they are literally embedded in the core of our being.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your post. A really nice way to end a wonderful day. God is so good to me! I just got home from dinner with my Dad. Good times!

Can't wait for church...I love Sundays...

Anonymous said...

I did some of that last night at the Racine County Jail! Walls that hindered the miracles of God were brought crashing down, darkness was invaded by His Light, and 8 men were delivered from the hand of the enemy, into God's eternal Kingdom, and I give all the glory to God, as I passed through this open door, bringing hope to the lost---thanks for the itch--thankful for another opportunity to love on others--DC(Grizz)

Unknown said...

Amen, Amen! Thankfully I am part of this body of believers who espouse such beliefs.
God is With me, Halleluja! I have found an earthly home of refuge - I praise Him for it.
I can see & feel the changes in me from all the support & edification. This blog being one.
Love in Him
d