Sunday, January 4, 2009

G-PA POLL

The results of the 'grandfather naming poll' are in and polls are closed. It was awesome to see so MANY of you vote. Thanks.

The winner? Well, the WINNER was 'None of the above' (38% of you), but of those who left alternate names, none were universally accepted by the 'None of the aboves.' 'Grandpa Manilow' had some steam early on, but that petered out, thank goodness. A few got on the 'G.K.' bandwagon (stands for Grandpa Kevin). Some thought the child should just call me 'P.K.' like everyone else (COME ON, PEOPLE!). Other assorted ideas were 'Grandad,' 'Papa' and 'Pop-Pop.' The Honorable Mention Award has to go to the suggestion 'Grand Poobah,' which was strangely and dysfunctionally appealing to me.

That said, the votes came down this way: "G-PA" (26%) - "BOPPIE" (19%) - "BUMPA (15%) - "OGGY" (11%) - "BAMMY" (3%).

I'm told that the entire poll was a moot point anyhow because the little guy/girl will end up calling me whatever he/she wants to and I'll not only be stuck with it, I'll love it. We'll see about that.

Be blessed.
Signing off, G-PA.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like g-pa

Anonymous said...

I voted G-Pa :o) When we were trying to teach Erin to say grandma, if finally came out one day, very excitingly as: Monkey! We all laughed but my mom came to love being called monkey :o)

Anonymous said...

This is what I get for not routinely reading your blog....Didn't know the word was OUT!!
The babe WILL have the and you will have great influence by what they use - the babe will come up with his/her own variation of that term. I missed the voting but I do like PaPa K....
Enjoy the process!!!

PK's BLOG said...

KMB:
YEAH !! THat's what you GET!