Sunday, November 23, 2008

CARDBOARD TESTIMONIES


I loved the cardboard testimonies in church today. To see how God has changed people's lives so dramatically brought tears to my eyes. It was a feast of thanksgiving to watch them flip their 'before' and 'after' pieces of cardboard and give testimony of the work God has done in their lives.

I was blessed that each of them took such a bold step to confess former bondages like abuse, bulimia, loneliness, adultery, drunkenness, cutting, suicide attempts and other difficult things -- and then also remind us that God had delivered to each one of them the free life they are living today. That was very exciting.

And God isn't nearly done with any of them (or any of us) yet. Maybe that is the best part of all.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today was a great day I was SO blessed to be able to share my testimony. Thank you PK

Unknown said...

Cardboard testimonies was a huge blessing. It took me a moment to understand these were real people holding up their personal testimony. (I'm slow). I was brought to tears by their courage and by their zeal. I loved the fact they just kept coming, one after another after another. It was a huge statement of hope and redemption. I love our church! And you and Pastor Dan. Thanks for steering us where God wants us to go.
Blessings

Anonymous said...

Talk about a very touching, emotional piece of the sermon - wow.