Tuesday, October 28, 2008

VISION


It's great sitting with our staff pastors on a day like today - meeting with them one-by-one, listening to them talk about their vision for the future of our church for youth and children and single young adults and small groups/discipleship and worship/creative arts and Christian Life School.

We have a group of committed staff members - pastors - men and women who love people - visionary thinkers and creative doers - a loyal and trusted group - competent people - servants.
Just last night, for instance - we had 1,600 children and families come in costume to UNDER THE BIG TOP to play video games in the youth/children's cafes, participate in carnival games in the gym, eat cotton candy, get their face painted, bounce in inflatable bouncers, snarf down corn dogs and walk away with bags full of hard candy. What a great night to show them that we at KFA know how to have fun!
I've always had high dreams and hopes for our church, but listening to our staff talk today has pumped me up. Each one believes in what he/she is doing - each one expresses great love for our congregation - each one has ideas that we could never afford without God's help :) - and each one, in his/her own way, enthuses and energizes me for the road ahead. I'm thankful for the team we've been given.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vision is important. Without it Life is pretty boring and empty. Under the Big Top was a blast. I had a lot of fun helping out. We are very blessed with the pastoral staff we have. I'm looking forward to see what God does in and through us in the days ahead. Never give up on the dreams and visions God has given in His time He will bring them to pass.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more! It's exciting to hear some of the things going on "behind the scenes" at KFA. These are exciting times for all of us and whether we are staff or lay people, we all have vision to see the Lord move in a powerful and mighty way. And it all starts in each of our hearts! How can you use me Lord ... right here where I'm at! How can I be your hands and feet right here to my neighbors? How can I be an extension of our precious church where we come together as family to worship, fellowship and grow and mature together in the Lord! Yes, these are indeed exciting times and know that I'm praying for all of you as you seek to see and understand the bigger vision for our church.

PK's BLOG said...

Thanks so very much for praying. How we need that.