Sunday, October 5, 2008

ONE MONTH TO LIVE - WEEK 4


This is our FOURTH week of the ONE MONTH TO LIVE campaign. Many of our people are existing on rice for days at a time, to key in on the plight of the homeless.

This week the emphasis was "LEARN HUMBLY." Some of the coolest quotes from the "OMTL" book came out of this section ...

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything You gave me.'" -- ERMA BOMBECK

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen." -- RALPH WALDO EMERSON

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." -- MAYA ANGELOU

"God whispers to us in our pleasures; speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains; it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." -- C.S. LEWIS

"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson." -- TOM BODETT (I would amend that last part personally to say: 'In life, you're given a test to PROVE whether or not you've learned the lesson.')

"There lives in each of us a hero awaiting the call to action." -- H. JACKSON BROWN, JR.

Enjoy those and have a great ONE MONTH TO LIVE week.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Maya's wisdom.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." -- MAYA ANGELOU

Another favorite is this:

Maya Angelou said it best, "If, someone shows you who they are, Believe them"

Do you expect to have internet access on your trip? Keep us posted on what you are doing. I'll be praying for your safe return.