Monday, October 20, 2008

EARS

Well -- my ears have been completely clogged up for the past 6 days now -- first starting back last week while I was in the Philippines. I keep hoping/waiting for them to 'unstick.' It wasn't because of the plane ride, but due to some sinus problems I developed while over there.

I have been walking around talking alternately either too SOFT or too LOUD -- with people saying, "Pipe down!" or "Speak up!" If it has ever happened to you, you know the misery of it. I keep rubbing both ears in hopes that it will cause something to 'pop' in there and fix it. And then I have been covering the left ear and the right ear and back and forth, testing to see if they have improved. Yesterday during worship at church, I could hear nothing except my own voice singing loudly in my head cave. It gives you some compassion for people who struggle with hearing loss or who have to wear hearing aids or even those who are deaf.

It reminds me of a ministry (and a plug) that Radiant Church out in Colorado Springs has (http://www.radiantchurch.org/) I was privileged to travel with Executive Pastor Paul Kolbeck during my trip to southeast Asia this month. Great guy. He mentioned that they have one of the largest deaf ministries in the country there at their church, with separate services, ministries and facilities for their deaf congregation and their families. What a great ministry.

Anyway -- I THINK -- today -- my ears unplugged on their own. Actually, I'm not completely SURE. I keep running water in the sink to see if it sounds 'tinny' -- or turning bathroom fans on and off -- or covering one ear at a time and then singing like a fool -- to test whether I'm hearing it fully or not. Like I said, I'm not completely sure, but I THINK I may be back. Time will tell.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a nurse, I'll just pretend I didn't hear this! They have doctors by you don't they?
Sent with love as a KFAer.
donna smith