Thursday, September 4, 2008

FANTASY FOOTBALL PICKS

OK - to follow up on yesterday's blog ... I was blessed to have Draft Pick #1 among those I'm in the Fantasy Football League with (all of our pastoral staff actually). So, here's my team.


Quarterback - Drew Brees (New Orleans)
Quarterback - Jay Cutler (Denver)
Running Back - LaDainian Tomlinson (San Diego)
Running Back - Marshawn Lynch (Buffalo)
Running Back - Earnest Graham (Tampa Bay)
Running Back - Selvin Young (Denver)
Running Back - Ahmad Bradshaw (New York Giants)
Wide Receiver - Anquan Boldin (Arizona)
Wide Receiver - Santana Moss (Washington)
Wide Receiver - Brandon Marshall (Denver)
Wide Receiver - Roddy White (Atlanta)
Tight End - Dallas Clark (Indianapolis)
Kicker - Stephen Gostkowski (New England)
Kicker - Josh Brown (St. Louis)
Defense - New England
Defense - Chicago




So, tell me how I did. It's my first time. I'll keep you posted on my standings as the football season wears on.

And be blessed.

9 comments:

Lisa Kurman said...

I would recommend picking more COLTS!!!!

Darren said...

Ladanian AND Marshawn Lynch?! Nice work getting two top 10 RBs. I have Marshawn on my team too. Fyi - Moss and Boldin are a solid picks as well.

Wendy said...

I like Tomlinson...he's a great guy!! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! PK playing FF? How cool is that? Not bad at all for a first timer! I am in three leagues and have played FF for years (I sadly admit that). With picks like Selvin Young (not a household name) I am guessing you did some research.

JCsings4Him said...

Hmmm...Drew Brees. Was he your first-round pick? Not bad...you have some decent receivers. Still...no Packers...a shame. And CHICAGO??? WHATEVER!

:~)

Hey...One more week! WOOHOO!

PK's BLOG said...

NO! My first round pic was L.T. from San Diego - the QB pic came later in the draft.
Chicago is just for their DEFENSE only. Otherwise, they stink!

PK's BLOG said...

KEITH:
Who? Me? Research? You're joking, right?
I played the brackets with the pastors for the first time 2 years ago - and I WON! It goes to show you RESEARCH is all you need to do to win that stuff. HA!
So yes - I did some research and we'll see how I do with FF. I'll keep you posted on this blog here and there throughout the season - unless of course, I'm losing badly. Then you won't hear from me.

Anonymous said...

How did the first week go? Did you come away with a win?

PK's BLOG said...

It is ONLY Week #1, but so far, believe it or not - not only did I win, but I'm in first place in points at this point -- not that I expect that to 'stick.'
But hey - I'll take it when I can get it.