Monday, September 22, 2008

DREAM

God is able to do far more than we would ever dare ask or even dream of. The ability to dream is a God given gift. In fact, our ability to dream is what makes us different from animals. Animals do not have the power to dream. God has given us the power to be creative, to visualize, to plan. Napoleon said, “Imagination rules the world.”

Every great achievement that’s ever been done in business or ministry or any other area has been done because somebody had a dream. Nothing starts happening until somebody starts dreaming.

Someone had to have a dream to build the Sears Tower, DisneyWorld, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Biltmore Estate.

Albert Einstein – one of the smartest people who EVER lived – said, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” That’s a pretty profound quote, considering who that came from – one VERY SMART GUY.

But everybody needs a dream. I have found one of the biggest problems in leadership is that when you get into ministry, you usually start off with these big dreams. But as you get into it longer and deeper, your DREAMS shrink to the size of the situation. As we go, circumstances tend to shrink our dreams.

So periodically, we need to be stretched. We need to remember how to dream bigger.
I have a dream for our church ... I believe it's a GOD-GIVEN dream. It’s a dream where the hurting, the discouraged, the depressed and the confused can find love, acceptance, help, hope, forgiveness, guidance, and encouragement. It is a dream of sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with thousands of residents in S.E. Wisconsin and N.E. Illinois … it is a dream of seeing 1,000 small groups connecting people together as well as growing people thru Bible studies and seminars … it is a dream of sending out hundreds of career missionaries all around the world, sending 1,000 of our members out on missional projects every year … it is a dream of our church birthing OTHER churches … it is a dream of going into our community to educate, resource, bless, clothe and feed hundreds -- thousands -- of people who are hungry and in need.

I stand before you today and state in confident assurance that these dreams will be realized. Why? Because they are inspired by God.

THAT is the power of a dream. Some people might stand up and say back to me: “Hmmpfh! Fat chance! How in the world are we going to ever have 1,000 small groups or birth churches or make a dent in the hunger and poverty situations? That soundspie-in-the-sky.’"

But I’d have to say – in these last three years I’ve been leading – I’ve never DOUBTED it. I don’t know the TIMING … I don’t know how LONG it will take … but I’ve NEVER DOUBTED the dream would come TRUE – because it is from GOD.

I want to dream bigger dreams. Great things come from small beginnings when God is in them … but you’ve got to start with a dream. It doesn’t cost anything to dream. Everything that is possible now in our society was impossible at one point ... cars, computers, microwaves - you name it. Today's possibilities are tomorrows miracles.

Just BELIEVE. Just DREAM.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK, I like hearing your dreams for KFA! There is so much to look forward to and do! I know that if it is inspired by the Lord, then it will happen. I think this One Month to Live study will help many others to dream big dreams, too. Then, we can all share in your dream for our community and help make it happen! I will be coming to Pray Kenosha Sunday and look forward to praying corporately for our city and country. Mighty things happen through the power of prayer. God is good!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, PK!!! I hope you have an absolutely beautiful day! Much love and many blessings to you!

Unknown said...

PK
Your dreams about the hurting, discouraged, depressed etc made me cry. I came to KFA with these feelings just a few short weeks ago. I am not healed yet, but the love I feel each time I enter the building is real. And so it begins.
PS. Happy 49 - you're just a kid.
d