Tuesday, August 26, 2008

PLAN

God does not make mistakes. Have you noticed that? He has a grand plan - for YOU - for your FAMILY - for your LIFE. There is no doubt.

He had it mapped out before you were even born. Truly amazing. He CHOSE you, He DESIGNED you, and then He very DELICATELY placed you on His time continuum.

I have searched the Bible from start to finish and have yet to find an occasion where God said, "Oops." If God wanted to, He could have placed you at any TIME, any PLACE, any ERA He chose. But for some reason, He wanted you born NOW - in THIS place - HERE. WHY?

Because He has a plan. Of all the 50 states I could be in, He has chosen to place me in Wisconsin. And not just in Wisconsin. In Kenosha to pastor. To live in Pleasant Prairie. And not just in Pleasant Prairie, but on my street. Next to the neighbor on my block. Think of it.

That took a great deal of planning on the Creator's part. Multiply that by six billion and you get an idea of the wonderful complexity of it all.

Rejoice in it. Accept it. Love it. Wonder in it. Be thankful for it.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very grateful that God chose to lead me to your church and that you are there...both as a friend and pastor. I have often thought of how glad I am that I wasn't born in a day when it was much harder and restrictive being a woman. Not to mention all of the technological breakthroughs we have now...I do love my computer. :) I, also, feel blessed to live in a democracy and in the USA, in particular.

Sometimes, I feel as if I am in a hurry to find out what God's plan is for me. Then, other times, I am excited for the adventure unfolding in front of me. Even though there are certain things we should not do as a Christian, I have found that the journey is far more interesting than I could have imagined.

Anonymous said...

Does God have expectations of mankind? Of us as individuals?