Sunday, August 17, 2008

FACEBOOK

Two posts on the same day today - but this is related to the one I submitted a few minutes ago. Just kind of a funny deal.

This morning in church, I referred to a student in our congregation who instant messaged me on Facebook a few weeks ago and was pointing out to me what a shame it was that all of the "UN-YOUNG PEOPLE" (as he put it) were taking over Facebook. The nerve. We then proceeded to have a back-and-forth conversation about how OLD I was and how "UN-OLD" he was. It was actually a lot of fun sparring online.

Well, I mentioned that story this morning as part of the "ELOHIM - GOD IS OLD, BUT NOT REALLY" message. And today, when I got home - I had six "UN-OLD" students from our congregation who wanted to be my friend on FACEBOOK.

I love the millenial generation - they are very cool. So to all my new 'un-old' Facebook friends -- welcome to my world.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will admit that I was shocked that you have a facebook. Why? I dunno....it makes sense with your kids away at college. My teenage daughter tells me facebook is for the "older" people, whereas myspace is for the high schoolers. She laughs at me for having a facebook.

PK's BLOG said...

They'll always tell you what you're doing is for 'old timers' no matter what you do. :)
Don't let them fool you. Keep the faith and keep on rockin'.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! I fit into the "old" bracket, I suppose, relatively speaking...(I am "older" than you) but I do love my facebook..AND my myspace! Keeps my mind from narrowing, so to speak.

Loved your Elohim post...I miss hearing you preach...but I DO love the man I listen to now. :~) I'll have to pop in and pick up a cd!

Take care old man! :~) (YOU KNOW I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!!)