Sunday, May 11, 2008

FRIENDS

Tell us what's great about your friends?

Here's what is great about mine ...

They give me an uplift at just the right time - thru an e-mail or a phone call or a text message. They don't even KNOW it's the right time, but it is. Often.

They tell me when I've made a big gaffe - socially or spiritually or verbally - except that when they do it, it doesn't feel like a smack. It stings but it doesn't last. Funny how that works with friends.

They drop what they're doing and come when there is a real need in my life --- like running out of gas in the middle of the street and needing somebody to deliver me a can full.

They watch your dog when you have to be out of town.

They pick up your lawnmower that's acting and sounding really funny and then fix it for you. And they let you borrow theirs in the meantime.

They open their lives to you - so you can learn from them -- be corrected by them -- be inspired by them -- laugh with them -- cry with them -- have fun with them.

You're not drained when you're with friends.

THANKS, FRIEND.

Now ... tell us about YOUR friend(s).
And be blessed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Friends are wonderful extensions of God's love... oftentimes being His arms, speaking His Words, etc.

One thing I'm learning (at least about myself) is that I find it so much easier to BE a friend to someone else than to 'allow' someone to be a friend to me. I find that it isn't difficult at all for me to 'be there' for someone else, but it is almost insurmountable to 'allow' someone to be there for me. Weird, huh?

You mentioned that your friends 'open their lives'... but you also have 'opened your life' and that's a blessing within the blessing, IMO.

Anonymous said...

I once heard someone share some friendship wisdom: "take a good look at your child's friends because in 2 years your child will be just like them." I hope that the same applies to adults and their friends... we could only hope to walk out the transformational life as well as Kevin and Joelene Taylor, our friends.

LA Nickers said...

Great post!

Actually, I think my BAD FRIENDS are the very best kind.

Puzzled? You'll just have to read it and see. ;-)

Blessings,
L