Monday, April 7, 2008

LEAVES

I have decided I hate leaves. Well, maybe HATE is too strong a word, especially right after writing about LOVING your enemies on this blog yesterday. But ... leaves aren't really living -- at least not like you and I are breathing-living -- but still, maybe HATE is too strong. Despise is probably better. Yeah ... it's despise. I DESPISE leaves.

Joelene and I moved into a new house 4 months ago. It's on a one acre lot with lots of trees. This is the very first time we've ever lived on a lot where we couldn't put all our Fall yard leaves into one bathroom trash can. I spent several days late last Fall getting most of the mega-gazillion leaves out of my house gutters and raking them out of the landscaping bark and out of the ditch by the street and out of the garage every time the door went up -- and sweeping them into the street for the city to pick up.

I thought that was over. Now it's April and Spring (finally!) and I'm realizing that the OTHER mega-gazillion leaves I didn't get in the Fall are laughing at me now - 'missed me ... missed me ... missed me,' they're taunting. So now I have a 'date' with the leaves in my yard. In April. And I HATE that. Or rather, I DESPISE it.

No comments: